Reverse Sear Tri-Tip

cowgirl

Öfters hier
Punkte Reaktionen
I spoke with LoveJoy about Tri-Tips and reverse sear. I am not great at explaining so here are pictures.
For you LoveJoy! :)

Mein Memphis Pro Pellet Smoker..
The pellet smoker smokes at 185 degrees F and sears at 650 degrees F. You can set what temperature you like.

023-1.jpg

seasoned potatoes with olive oil, coarse salt and cracked black pepper..
seasoned tri tip with olive oil and Big Poppa Desert Gold..

To "reverse sear".. I smoke the meat at lower temperature before grilling

Into the Memphis Pro at 225 degrees F..
with hickory pellets.
020-7-1.jpg

I let the meat smoke until reaching an internal temperature of 130 degrees F... about 45 minutes.

025-14-1.jpg

then raise the temperature on the Memphis Pro to sear the meat. It sears quickly.

031-6-1.jpg

I cover the tri tip and let it rest while I make the potatoes...

cook onion and garlic in butter...
add smoked potatoes
then milk and seasonings..

027-5-1.jpg

028-4-1.jpg

029-9-1.jpg

the reverse seared tri tip and smoked garlic potatoes...

046-5-1.jpg

010-8-1.jpg

012-10-1.jpg

017-8-1.jpg

It comes out smokey but tender and juicy..

Danke for looking!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Danke everyone!
I did not talk to Lessy about tri-tip... I talked to LoveJoy! :doh:
I woke in the night and realized what mistake I had made!!
Sorry LoveJoy.. I knew it was you Gordon but typed the wrong name. :oops:

I will go back to sleep now. :)

That must be very tasty! :thumb:

Can you tell me a bit more on these smoked tatoes? They have been pre cooked, isn´t it? If not, how long did n they need to come out? And at what heat?

Dear Jeanie, I have the suspicion, that you run a kind of development centre for outdoor cooking stuff; your sportparc is amazing . . . :lol:

LG Rolf

:sabber:
That looks really tasty

Danke Greg, Michael, Rico und Thorsten! :piratebiggrin:
[MENTION=114]LoveJoy[/MENTION]; Thank you Gordon! I hope the pics explain what I was trying to say. :)

That must be very tasty! :thumb:

Can you tell me a bit more on these smoked tatoes? They have been pre cooked, isn´t it? If not, how long did n they need to come out? And at what heat?

Dear Jeanie, I have the suspicion, that you run a kind of development centre for outdoor cooking stuff; your sportparc is amazing . . . :lol:

LG Rolf

Thank you Rolf!
The potatoes are rubbed with olive oil and seasoned with coarse salt and cracked black pepper....then smoked on the cooker until tender, then I cut them up and mash them with a bit in the milk, butter, garlic, onions and season with salt and pepper. They are smokey and garlicky. These potatoes were not very big and they cooked at 225 degrees F until tender. They take about one hour to cook on the smoker. :)

I DO have too many cookers Rolf! lol But I love every one of them. :biggrin: Thank you again! :)

Zurück
Oben Unten